The final packing went quite, contrary to general expectations, quite smoothly, with some help I must admit...
The road to Calabar proves long, as it will take me about 26 hours to get there, thanks to huge waiting times in Heathrow (5 hours) and Abuja (11 hours). Looking forward to that...
But then, fortunately (I embrace the power of positivism) I will be able to spend some time in Abuja City, although general press on safety is not very reassuring. So, still wondering what could buy me a ticket out of there when needed... I can always quote Obama when the kidnappers say...no no sir, we can't let you go...
As we speak I'm sitting in your typical Heathrow Airport bar, having a cheese burger with fries, topped with HP Sauce, eating away time... I was dying for a smoke, but strict policy: if your flight leaves within the next 3 !!! hours, you are not allowed to go out and come through security again... British Airways apologized for the rule, saying its not theirs... German efficiency eat your heart out ! Fortunately Anglo-Saxon countries always have a commercial solution, so I might consider nicotine stickers to avoid going crazy... No no, I'll live through it, show stamina and character and provide me with an additional reason to long for arriving in Abuja.
Now, som
ething on beer... Normally one expects an overload of local beers on drauft in your typical airport pub, but then why am I drinking an Italian ???? bottled beer... ? Its the only beer they have left... did I miss something ? Did Italy won the war ?Anyway, I expect to sleep my ass of on the plane, in an effort to fully stretch on 3 seats, but as always with the intent to read the 500 pager heavy book I'm carrying, and to see at least 3 movies, but history will be repeating itself, as old habits will set in...
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten