We went to Winner's Chapel, a Pentecostal church, leaning towards the Baptist Church. Imagine about a thousand people singing, praying their own prayers out loud simultaneously, in direct contact with the Holy Spirit. We quietly sat down, and let it come at us... . Quite fast a hospitality guy (that's exactly what his name-tag said) came up to us and distributed a form we needed to fill out as new members of the church, name, Cellphone, etc... That's CRM for ya ! Here, people really believe, young and old, and although I maybe didn't understand all of it, most of it was about getting rid of the curses of being poor, of bad things happening to good people, ...
So after that, off to the wedding(s). Probably the shortest party I have ever been to, but very much worthwhile. There where cameras everywhere, and they picked me to do an interview, showing later this week on Nigerian Television. Following questions were raised:
"What do you think about Nigeria ?"
"What house do you wish the freshly married couple should live in ? " So, keeping that cultural adaptability course in mind, I said: "It's not really about the house and the bricks, its about the love it embraces..." Slightly corny, I know, but it did the trick... 5 minut
"....its about the love it embraces..." zo schoon gezegd!! Een echte romanticus den Tim he! Zo hoort het ook. Dat hebben we graag. Doe zo voort. x
BeantwoordenVerwijderen