woensdag 2 september 2009

Pffff...38 days to go... can't wait

Captains Log - stardate 20090903 (always wanted to say this...)

Countdown has started... the adventure begins...
On the 10th of October 2009, I will join 9 other great people from all around the globe in Nigeria to work for a month side by side on an IBM funded project under the umbrella of Corporate Social Responsability, in a quest to be part of the answer to the following question:

How does a company develop leaders who have the skills needed for a globally integrated, smarter planet?

IBM's answer: the Corporate Service Corps. The Corporate Service Corps (CSC) exposes high performance IBM employees to the 21st century context for doing business --- emerging markets, global teaming, diverse cultures, working outside the traditional office, and increased societal expectations for more responsible and sustainable business practices. CSC participants perform community-driven economic development projects in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America, working at the intersection of business, technology and society.

Take a look at the following video, it explains it all..sample from another team in the Tanzania ... Oh yeah, it takes 9 minutes, so you need to have some time to kill :-).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spoke to some of my teammembers. Amazing how a common goal bonds people, and creates a real urge to leave the hassle of day to day Belgium. I chatted with Mat, Henry, Hugo, Kristina, Georgia and Ryan, looking forward to chat with Jolanta, Abhi and Yvonne one of these days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, in our weekly call, we discussed vaccinations... Yellow fever... not looking forward to that one. Last one of those was 18 years ago, and remember lively how that felt. But then you also need shots for Hepatitis A and B, Tetanus, Difteria, Polio, Tyfus, Rabies, ... so one more won't hurt.
When I was a kid, I always got icecream after the shots, now, I have to go buy it myself...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten